Keep the Sacony Trail Beautiful,
We need volunteers to continue our work on the Sacony Trail.
Please email us to learn more.
The Kutztown Environmental Advisory Commission (KEAC) is a group of community members, appointed by the elected officials, to advise them and other municipal officials about the protection, conservation, management, promotion and use of natural resources within the Borough of Kutztown. Much of this is done through educational community workshops, which are held throughout the year.
2016 Sacony Creek Clean Up
Geographical Society students teamed up with BIO 10 students to pick up trash at Sacony Creek in Kutztown, along Constitiution Blvd. Great job Kutztown University of Pennsylvania students!
• Identify environmental problems and recommend plans and programs to protect and improve
the quality of the environment
• Make recommendations about the use of open land
• Promote community environmental programs
• Keep an index of all open space areas to determine the proper use of such areas
• Review plans, conduct site visits, and prepare reports for municipal officials
• Advise local government agencies about the acquisition of property
Jeri Carroll (Chair)
Todd Underwood (Vice-Chair)
Nathan Lewis (Secretary)
Shireen (Massoudi) DeNault
Kutztown University Student Representative
First Monday of each month, 7:00pm
Municipal Building Multi-Purpose Room
|Agendas and Minutes|
Jan '17 Meeting
Sept '16 Meeting
Mar '17 Agenda
July '16 Meeting
April '17 Agenda
The KEAC is your local voice for environmental concerns, ideas, and suggestions. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
There currently are no vacancies.
Appointed Official Application (PDF)
Applications should be returned to Borough Hall